Many people have a gift of writing or making videos. They can express themselves better than other people. It is not an easy thing to do. Many people struggle to do that. You are gifted in that way. Many bloggers (or vloggers) know that they can express well but they don’t know how to make money with blogging. Some of them know that they can earn money with it but they don’t know how.
What if I told you that I will give you step by step instructions of one proven method to earn money with your writing or video making skills? Don’t worry, I am not talking about 1 cent per word freelance writing for others. I am also not going to tell you 10 vague ways of making money with blogging (or vlogging)
Yes, there are many ways to earn money with blogging (or Vlogging), but today I am going to show you just one method to earn money online from blogging (or vlogging) with step by step instruction. Ready?
You Need One More Thing With Blogging
To earn money there has to be an exchange of something. It can be services or products. You can spin the magic of your words (or videos) to exchange either services or products. Do you know the best part? you don’t even need to own them. Let your blog (or vlog) be a mediator between the products and the buyer. You grab the commission after each sale. The commission can range from 1% to 75% of the transaction value. This is called Affiliate Marketing using blogs (or vlogs).
You will need affiliate products or services to exchange with needy people. Don’t worry, it is not difficult or out of the way. Depending on your area of expertise you can select products. If you are an electronic guru then you can promote electronics products, digital software technical writer can promote digital products, yoga lover can promote yoga products and so on. You will always find an affiliate program matching your writing (or video making) skills.
But will I earn enough? you may ask. The answer is yes. Many people are earning from thousands of dollars per day to millions of dollars per annum. All from simple blogging.
All you have to do is convince people with your words (and/or videos) and you must have a little patience. You will NOT make thousands of dollars overnight but you will surely make it if you have dedication and patience along with your writing (or video making) skills.
Step By Step Instructions
Assuming that you have figured out the products that you can promote through blogging. The following are the exact steps that you need to take.
Step 1:- Build A Website: In today’s world, websites are your shops. Use your words(or videos) to sell products on websites. This is your very first action after doing all your research about what products to sell.
Step 2:- Create Social Channels: You need traffic (people visiting your website). Social channels like FB, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter are known to send traffic. They will send real people to your website who will be interested in the products that you are selling.
Step 3:- Create “Unique” and “Quality” Content: Did you notice that I mentioned unique and quality in quotes and red color? That is very important. The content (blogs or videos) that you create must be unique and should offer quality. If you try to steal the content from somewhere then Google will know it. You will never get ranked or get ranked very poorly. Bottom line is that all your efforts will be wasted and you will NOT make any dollars if your content is not unique and good.
Step 4:- Include the product links in your content subtly: With your writing (or videos) you need to convince people to buy the products and place the product links on your website.
Step 5:- Perform SEO & Share On Social Channels: You need people to buy your services or products. Your content needs to reach in front of people when people search. This can be achieved by performing SEO activities and sharing the content on social media regularly.
Step 6:- Run Ads: This is technically an optional step but everyone is here to make money including google, FB and other social media platforms. If you have money to spare then you can run paid ads and reach in front of your potential buyers faster. However, you must know how to do this properly or you will end up losing money. Moreover, organic traffic lasts longer. Paid traffic stops as soon as you stop running ads.
But How Will I Make Money By Following These Steps?
The steps above are the seeds of money. Do you get the tree the next day of sowing the seeds? No right? You need to take care of them and keep watering them.
The same is true here as well. You keep creating the “unique” and “quality” content in the form of your blogs and videos and keep sharing it. Sooner or later, god Google will see your hard work and slowly start showing your content on the 100th position on page 10 of searches. Remember, Google god is still testing you for your hard work and patience.
Slowly you will move from page 10,9, 8… 6…4,3, 2 to page 1 if you keep doing these steps. The visitors will start coming to your website. They will read and become a fan of your writing. They will start looking up to you as a knowledgeable person in your niche. They will start trusting your word. They will start buying from the links that you are recommending and you will start earning.
Hypothetically let’s say you get $25 commission per sale on an average. You can sell many products on your website. Let’s assume 5000 people come to your website per month. Only 5% people buy something from your product links (Industry standard is 10%, but let’s be conservating). That means 250 people buying at least one product worth $25. That’s $6250/month for following those steps.
There is absolutely no exaggeration in the example above. If you keep following the above steps religiously then you can earn thousands of dollars per month realistically if you don’t quit in between.
IT IS NOT EASY…. Let me warn you. If it was easy then everybody would have done it right? Here are a few challenges that you may face.
- Consistency: People start with a lot of enthusiasm. They spend a lot of effort in the first month. Later, they start slipping. If they are writing 20 posts in the first month, slowly it becomes 1 post per month. They skip some steps. Remember Google god is watching you. If you miss in your efforts, it will punish you by throwing you from page 1 to page 10.
- Google god: Google god sees 380 new websites getting created per minute. It has become choosy over the years. It just wants to show the quality content to its subscribers. It tests the seriousness of people by checking their consistency and quality. It rewards people who are patient, consistent and write good content. If you are not consistent, you will be thrown out of google search and you won’t earn even a dollar. Over 80% of the websites become dormant within the first three months. Don’t let your website be one of them.
- Quitting In Between: The patience level of people is very shallow these days. They do everything right for the initial few days and quit because they don’t see any earning or very little earning. Maybe this image will describe what happens if you quit prematurely. There are three mantras: Patients, Dedication, and Consistency.
- Technical Challenges: Just writing (or making videos) is not enough. There are a lot of technical challenges associated with blogging. Starting from how to create a website and how to decorate the content. How to do SEO and how to run promotions on your websites. In short, each of the steps mentioned above is a full-scale course in itself. These things need to be taught to you. You may be knowing them in bits and pieces but there is a definite flow that needs to be followed in order to get successful. Keep reading and I will tell you about the best way to learn that flow too.
Advantages For Bloggers
There are hundreds of members doing this successfully for the last 12-15 years. Some are doing it even before that. Do you want to know a secret? They did not have the gift of writing (or making videos) like you. They just had a gift of patience and no quitting attitude.
You have a head start if you decide to earn money using this method. Any person with average IQ can learn the technical aspects. It’s creativity that cannot be taught to everyone easily. You already have the gift of creativity. Trust me, you are miles ahead of people taking this path.
There are no free lunches in this world. To earn money you need to spend little money. Consider any physical shop. They have their fixed expenses such as electricity cost, staff salary, transportation costs, etc. The same applies here. Your website is your shop. Here are expenses associated with maintaining the best quality website per month.
- Fast Website Hosting: ~$10-$25
- SSL certificate: $5
- Malware, virus protection: $4
- Email account: $2-$5 per month
- Content writer, Grammar and spelling checker: $2-$5
- Keyword Researcher: $25-$50
Approximately, the cost is $50 to $90+ per month for one website. These expenses are negligible when you start earning from your website.
Now think from this angle. You need to anyway need to spend a minimum of $50 to maintain your online shop. What if I told you that you can get all this for less than a dollar per day? In fact, you will get the following things for less than a dollar per day ($.098 to be more precise).
- Extremely faster websites, 10 of them. In other words 10 shops for less than a dollar.
- Free SSL certificate
- Malware, virus protection
- Unlimited email accounts (professional, not Gmail or yahoo)
- Content writer which can check grammar, spelling, and plagiarism
- Top class keyword researcher
- 24×7 efficient technical support
- Step by step training to follow all the steps mentioned above.
- Weekly live training on a trending topic
- Super helpful community to guide you at every step.
- More… much much more…
All these for $49/month (or $359/year, that’s $0.98 per day). You are anyway going to spend around $50 to maintain one website. Why not get more in that? Wealthy Affiliate offers all this and much more. Wealthy affiliate is a known name when it comes to following this approach. They are doing this for past 15 years and they know what they are doing.
Try It Out For Free
I can understand your dilemma. How to trust what I am saying. No worries. Try this for free for 7 days, no credit card required. You can even create your first website for FREE. Just follow the following steps.
- Click to create a free account
- Upload your pic (or any pic as profile pic), write 2-3 lines about you
- Start going through free training modules (10 of them out of 50).
- Take actions given in the training modules.
You can create your first website in few mins (or a few hrs if you are not very technical). If you don’t like it, then no hard feelings. You can cancel and move on. They are anyway not taking your credit card. But if you like the platform then upgrade it to the premium. As a welcome gift, if you upgrade it to premium within 7 days, then you will get the first month for just $19 instead of $49. There are no upsells whatsoever. You can explore the entire platform with no limitations in your premium membership. All the training modules (including the live training from the year 2012) will be unlocked for you.
Follow those training step by step, create your website (or websites, 10 of them), start spinning your word magic and voila, you will start earning dollars soon if you stay patient, consistent and dedicated.
It’s action time 🙂 At least start with your free account. No harm in checking it out. I will be there to help you out inside with everything. See you there.
And if you have any questions after reading this article then leave them in the comments section. I will try my best to answer all of them.