I understand your frustration if you are an affiliate marketer from India (or other third world countries). Clickbank does not allow affiliates from India (and other third world countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nigeria etc). That makes you miss many good products which you can market and earn.
However today I am going to share two ways using which you can open Clickbank account in India. The success rate of both methods is not 100% but the second method is more reliable in the long term
Method 1: VPN Method
Using this method, you will pretend as if you are from countries where click bank allows creating affiliate accounts. The following are the steps that you need to take.
- Install any VPN. For e.g. Browsec. It has a free version that you can use.
- Connect to T1 countries. Using a free version of browsec you can connect to the USA.
- Go to ClickBank, provide all details and open the account.
- To receive payment, you will need to enter an international bank account and not the Indian bank account. (pretty difficult to manage :(, but if your company is registered out of India then you can manage this). You cannot use PayPal to receive money.
Challenges in Method 1:
- You may be able to open the account successfully, however it always needs to be accessed using a VPN.
- If Clickbank finds out that you are operating it from India, they will ban it.
- If Clickbank get suspicious of your VPN they will ban it.
- You will lose all the pending payments if they ban the account.
Method 2: Creating An Exception
It is always good to come clean and let others know about your clean intentions. If you are not planning to dupe ClickBank then this method will work 😉 Take the following steps and ask them to create an exception for you.
- Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting opening an affiliate account
- State in the email body that you are a legit person and planning to run affiliate offers for ClickBank products. Mention that you have no false intentions.
- Attach any government photo id such as passport, driving license, aadhar card etc.
- Wait for 15-20 days for them to revert. They need those many days to verify your details.
- After 15-20 days they will either approve or reject your request.
- If they approve then you just have 24-48 hrs to open the account using the special link given in the email by ClickBank.
- Now you can give your Indian bank details and receive money directly in your bank account.
- If you don’t get any reply then send them a reminder email till you get a reply back.
This way, your chances of getting banned are almost nil. I have tried this and got a ClickBank account in India. If ClickBank is not allowed in your country then you can try following these methods. I recommend method 2 personally.
Also, if you are looking to create an account in ClickBank, I presume that you have recently started with affiliate marketing. I feel that it is my duty to warn you. If you have started today then you will NOT earn thousands of dollars from tomorrow (or for that matter in the next 90 days).
If you think affiliate marketing is as simple as sell someone else’s product and bag the commission, then sorry my friend, it is not that simple. There are hundreds of other things that you will need to do in order to become a successful affiliate market.
I would suggest you go through these three articles before even creating the account with click bank
- Affiliate Marketing Definition: What, Why, Where, How…
- 2020 Clickbank Affiliate Program:- The Good & Not So Good
- Wealthy Affiliate Review : Does It Still Work?
These will help you in getting your basics clear. It will allow you to compare your vision of affiliate marketing and the real affiliate marketing. All the best in your affiliate marketing journey 🙂