I joined Wealthy Affiliate by reading a blog post. The image was catchy. The image said ‘Would You Like To Earn While Sitting On Your Sofa With Your Laptop?’. Who doesn’t want that right? Why not earn money online now? That’s what I thought to myself. Honestly, I did not even bother to check if the wealthy affiliate is worth it or not. I decided to try their free 7 days trial. After all, they did not want my credit card.
Also, I had a laptop and I was sitting on a sofa. It was time to earn money, so I decided to check it out.
I created my free account and I started exploring it. Within the 3rd day of the trial period, I completed all free training that was available. I implemented learnings from those lessons to the best of my knowledge. I did not make money. I thought perhaps if I go through the rest of the training I might make money, so I upgraded to the premium membership.
I went through every training and implemented every possible thing. And guess what? I still did not make any money after one month.
Does that mean wealthy affiliate is a scam? Is it even worth trying? I tried exploring why I was not making money with wealthy affiliate. Here are some observations based on my stint here with WA.
Is Everyone On Wealthy Affiliate Earns Money?
Nope. In fact, there is a big chunk of 2 million members who may not be earning any money. Yes, you read that right. There are 2 million members with WA. While there is no concrete data available on how many are earning money, my guesstimate says that at least 80% are NOT earning any money.
In fact, not all 2 million members are active for sure. When you join wealthy affiliate premium membership, you get a rank assigned. When I joined, my rank was 300,000+. That means no more than 500,000 members are active out of two million.
I guess, they stopped using WA or they are dormant because they did not earn the money they were hoping to earn.
Is There Anyone Earns Money There?
Oh yes, there is a good chunk of people earning money, but the percentage is smaller compared to people who are not earning.
But isn’t it obvious? If you look around, who do you see more? successful people or failures? obviously failed and depressed people. As per the popular belief, 80% of people hold 20% of wealth and 20% of people hold the rest 80%.
WA is not an exception. These 20% people are earning good money.
Then Why Aren’t All Making Money?
There are many reasons for it. Let’s dive deep behind the reasons why you won’t succeed with wealthy affiliate and think it as a scam.
- Difference In Expectations: I feel the main reason is the difference in expectations. People think that online money is available for grabbing without putting much effort.. There is a lot of money on the table and not many takers. They see many posts asking them to earn $1000 in 48 hours or $15000 in 7 days. They come to WA with the same mindset. They think that they can start earning thousands of dollars in a few days from joining. Eventually, you will make thousands of dollars but certainly you won’t make them overnight. As I keep saying, Affiliate marketing is not fast food. It is a 7-course meal. The ads like these are mostly scams in online money making.
- Wrong Notion Of Affiliate Marketing: People think that affiliate marketing is very easy. Just sell someone else’s products and bag the commission. They see some products that give $500 per sale and think that even if they sell 10 products they can earn an easy $5000. Things are not that simple my friend. Can you simply go to a stranger and ask him/her to become your spouse? There are hundreds of things you need to do before people start trusting you online and start purchasing from you. You need to create a website, write blogs, review products, create videos, do FB, Twitter, Pinterest, and email marketing, run paid ads before you even see your first sale. WA teaches you everything but it will take time.
- Overwhelming Training: People can get scared when they look at the training module of WA. As mentioned in the previous point, there are hundreds of things need to be done before you are successful. WA teaches pretty much everything. Obviously there is a lot of training for that. People never expect to put so much effort to earn money online. They think that making online money is very easy and needs very little effort. They simply give up and needless to say fail.
- Not Ready To Make Investment: Every day people come across ads like work for 2 hrs every day and earn $15000 in one week, no investment needed. They think that it is possible to earn money with zero investment. That is NOT true. Like any other business, even online businesses need investment. WA offers you pretty much everything from training to class website hosting for a mere $49 per month (Read Wealthy Affiliate Review For more details). There are other investments like running ads on various platforms like Google, YouTube, Facebook, etc. People also need to invest their time in going through all the training and perform various activities. Their mind is not ready for investing time & money to earn money. They simply quit & call wealthy affiliate a scam.
- Learning Curve: People have a notion that they can earn money online with a click of a button. Sorry my friend, again not true. If you are reading this post then you must know that there are many things to be done. Many of them are technical. While we don’t really need to write the code from scratch, there is a learning curve involved if you had not done them earlier. Depending on the IQ of people, this curve may vary. Some people will quit while very few will succeed.
- Putting Efforts In The Wrong Direction: While some people are dedicated to their work, they are not the smart workers. They keep on putting efforts in the wrong direction. Not only that, they fail to take the lesson if they don’t succeed. If you want to go to the moon, no matter how many airplanes you change you will never reach there. You will need a powerful rocket. Similarly, in WA, people will keep marketing products that don’t get purchased or offer very less commission. It is important to take corrective actions.
- Quit Too Early: Patience is a virtue, but people want everything fast. Some people put effort but quit when they are on the verge of becoming successful. One member little mama on WA did not earn anything in her first 1.5 years. But now she is earning higher side of 4 figures per month. In fact, she was one of the top referrers on WA and got a chance to go to Las Vegas convention held by WA. Imagine if she had quit after one year. Remember, there are 380 websites get launched every day and there are 1,295,973,827 websites in this world as of Jan 2020. It is not easy to stand out for most people and people give up.
So What’s The Verdict? Is WA Worth Or Not?
There are people who started earning within the first quarter and there are people who took more than a year to start earning. It is surely worth for these people.
Then there are people who quit in between, did not put effort and failed. Wealthy affiliate is a scam for them. It depends on how you look at it.
Whether you succeed or not, one thing I can assure you is that WA is NOT a scam. This platform has everything that you need to succeed except for patience and your will to succeed.
Remeber, no two people put the same efforts and intellect at their work. Whoever puts better intellect and more effort in the right direction will succeed. It is as simple as that.
- Have the patience to earn
- Won’t quit
- Go through the training, learn & implement things
- Invest time & money
- Learn from the bad patch
Then sooner or later you will succeed with wealthy affiliate. Let’s look at some conservative numbers.
WA costs you $49/month. That’s approx $600 per year ($359/yr if you pay yearly). With wealthy affiliate you can create 50 different websites. Let’s say you just create five and work hard on those for a couple of years. If these websites start earning $5000 per month then we are talking about $25000/month. Even if you achieve half of that, it is worth it, right?
Do read my detailed review of wealthy affiliate platform. If you are ready to make the above commitments then click on the button below and sign up for your free trial, else I wish you all the very best with your money-making journey. I would like to hear about your notions of online money making in the comments 🙂